Paz Dermatology has been closely monitoring the COVID-19 pandemic and its impact on our patient care and office procedures. Our office is considered an “essential business” under the shelter-in-place order for medical and surgical dermatology. Our highest priority is to continue providing excellent dermatology care in a safe environment for our patients and staff. Our offices will remain open and provide medical and surgical dermatology services to our patients.
Please note, to keep our patients and staff safe, we are implementing the following protocols:
- We will pre-screen all patients by phone. Any patient who has flu-like symptoms or who has traveled internationally within the last 30 days will be asked to reschedule their appointments.
- If your insurance is Medicare, Sante, or Key Medical Group and you have access to the internet or an Iphone, during the duration of the shelter-in-place order, we will offer telemedicine appointments through such platforms such as Facetime, Zoom, and Skype. Please contact our office if you are interested in pursuing this option.
- We will be checking our employees’ temperatures daily to ensure no one is working with a fever or a cough. Anyone identified with a fever or illness will be sent home.
- Vendors, family members, and other visitors have been suspended from visiting our offices. Some exceptions apply to parents of minors and for those patients who require assistance.
- Patients will check-in at the front desk and will be asked to wait in their cars unless they have limited mobility. For those patients with limited mobility, the waiting room will have open spaced seating.
- More aggressive cleaning protocols, including regularly disinfecting all high-touch areas, have been implemented.
- We have removed all magazines, samples, and other loose items from the waiting room to minimize the spread of germs.
- Sadly, we will no longer provide donuts or pizza to our Mohs Surgery patients for the foreseeable future. We will have some packaged snacks on hand, but it may be a good idea to pack a snack.
- For patients seeking refills on skin care products, you may contact Sonia, our cosmetic consultant at 559-385-2133 to facilitate a refill and we can ship or offer curbside pickup.
- We also plan to resume scheduling cosmetic appointments once the shelter-in-place order is lifted, hopefully soon.
Thank you for your patience as we maneuver through this unprecedented situation. We are regularly looking at the CDC and American Academy of Dermatology for guidance. We will continue to review and update our procedures as appropriate. We look forward to seeing you soon. Please feel free to contact us at 559-233-3376 with questions or concerns.
Dr. Carlos Paz & Staff